As I prepare to take the giant leap from Boston to San Francisco (in case you missed it read more here), I have a number of things that would be tremendously helpful. If you can help with any of the following, I’d be most appreciative.
1) Looking for a roommate in SF.
– I’ve heard it’s a nightmare to try to find a place in San Francisco so if you have anyone in your network that lives out there that you could ping and see if they’re looking for a roommate or have a room they need to fill, I’d love to hear from them.
– To give you an idea of what I’m looking for, since KISSmetrics is in SoMA, I’m looking for a place within 20-30 minutes of SoMA via public transportation. Pet free (allergies).
2) Looking to talk to KISSmetrics users
– Does your company use KISSmetrics? Did you try and give up on it? Either way, I’d love to talk to you before I leave March 10th!
– This is your chance to have in person customer development done by the product manager of KISSmetrics. I’ll always be happy to talk to Boston companies, but nothing beats a good in person customer development interview.
3) Looking to Sublet my Somerville Apt
– I have an awesome roommate that loves scotch, pool (I have a table in my apt) and electronics. He’s a great, loyal guy and I need someone to tak over my room in our apartment. It’s near Porter Square. If interested, contact me for details and to come check it out.
4) Anyone I *must* meet in SF?
– A few of you have told me you know some people I need to meet when I get out west. I have a pretty small network out there now so I appreciate any insights on who to meet when I get out there.
5) Advice for Living in SF?
– I know there are a number of you who at one time lived in San Francisco. A number of you have already dropped a lot of knowledge on me for making the most of SF, but if anyone else has advice let me know!
How to get in touch:
Feel free to leave a comment if it’s just some quick SF advice, or to set up a KISSmetrics meeting or connect me to anyone in SF (to meet or talk about roommates), use my gmail: evanish dot j at gmail dot com.
As I understand it (having only read about it from others), SF/Silicon Valley is an incredible ecosystem of hard working entrepreneurs like yourself always getting together over late night coffee (or stronger stuff) to talk about new ideas. If I were in your shoes, I’d use LinkedIn and Meetup to hook up with a few starter groups and go from there. I have a hunch your calendar and rolodex are both going to be packed before you know it.
The one person who springs to mind that I’d try to follow around like a puppy would be Paul Graham, but you almost certainly already know about him. ;)
On a slightly selfish note, I hope you’ll be able to carve out some time to keep posting on your blog. I’d love to be able to follow your journey from Boston out to SF and hear about your experiences as you learn the lay of the land.
Best of luck to you Jason! Take care of yourself out there!
I’ll definitely keep blogging…it’s a big part of what I do now, so stay tuned on that front. I love sharing what I learn.
As for meeting people in SF, I think I’ll be in good shape. I know a number of great people out there and others have been awesome about offering intros.