Are you following what’s happening in the world of AI? Have you been asking questions of ChatGPT and trying out the various text to image AIs?
Whether you are new to the field of AI, or an eager follower, you’re going to love this episode of Practical Product.
In this episode, my good friend and fellow product-minded founder, Lazar Stojkovic talk about all the exciting things we’re seeing in AI. We talk about what we’ve liked and not liked, the controversies and opportunities, and most importantly, what every PM should be doing to think through using AI in their job, and at their company going forward.
The most exciting developments in AI + what product leaders need to be thinking about
On this episode, we dive deep into the latest developments in AI. Lazar and I have both spent a bunch of time trying various AI powered tools, so we’re able to provide a realistic evaluation of them, and help point you to the best ones to check out.
We also tackle the most important questions for you as a product manager and leader:
- What should PMs do to prepare for a world with AI?
- How can PMs get their teams involved in discussions about AI?
Highlights of the episode include discussing:
- (1:09) – Introducing Lazar
- (3:05) – Thoughts on ChatGPT
- (8:19) – Is AI actually taking people’s jobs?
- (18:44) – The pictorial side of AI
- (30:31) – 10x-ing AI, applications and potential negative outcomes
- (46:27) – What to look forward to with AI
- (53:44) – How will the costs of AI impact pricing and how you can use them in your product?
- (57:51) – How should Product Managers be thinking about AI in their products?
- (1:21:12) – What could the future of AI may look like?
Key Show Notes & Further Reading:
We covered a lot of ground in this episode, so we have a ton of links for you to check out.
The AI basics:
- ChatGPT – A chat based system by OpenAI that can provide written answers from a text-based prompt
- GPT-3 API – An API by OpenAI that allows you to bring GPT into your product or service.
- Replicate – Open source cloud API for running AI models
- Lore AI Newsletter – A free newsletter discussing business and creative applications for AI
Tweets and Threads on AI discussed:
- By Lazar:
- A skeptic’s take via tweetstorm on AI generating content
- Criticism of the politics and training models for ChatGPT
- Building an AI Therapist
- Building (another) AI Therapist
- ChatGPT scoring 70% on the USMLE (United States Medical Licensing Exam)
- Corrections made to the political bias of ChatGPT outlined
- AI answer Marc Andreesen’s question about the First Amendment and private companies, using case law
- The tweet talking about someone who helped their landscaper using ChatGPT to improve their messaging
Articles and Blog Posts about AI:
- More writing and audio from Jason and his team on AI:
- Jason on why intellectuals are wrong about AI bundling
- Get Lighthouse evaluates ChatGPT Management Advice
Examples of AI tools you can try:
- Apps that help you write copy using AI:
- Liner.ai – A tool to help you train your machine learning models easily
- Generative Video: Runway ML
- Generative 3D assets:
- Generative avatars:
- avatarai.me – Pieter Levels’s product
- astria.ai -what AvatarAI uses under the hood to power Pieter’s app
- Apps that allow you to generate images from a text based prompt:
- Design tools:
- Sanas.ai – AI startup that fixes the call center staff’s English in real time
Learn more and connect with Lazar Stojkovic
Want to be the first to hear about new episodes of the Practical Product podcast, and blog posts I write about Product Management? Sign up here: