Thanks for reading my blog. I hope my writing is helpful to you. I’m passionate about self improvement, leadership and building great products, which is what I usually write about.
I believe in making things better than I found them and work to break down what I learn to share with others like you. I love helping and learning from others, comparing notes and trading book recommendations (I read ~25 books a year), so please feel free to contact me on Twitter @Evanish or at evanish dot j at gmail dot com to share feedback, a book, or to say hi.
Currently, I’m all-in on my startup, Lighthouse
Lighthouse helps managers be great leaders. In today’s labor market, you cannot afford to lose your best people, but bad managers are one of the biggest reasons people leave companies. If you’ve ever sat frustrated at your desk feeling like no one is listening to you or had a team that didn’t respond to you, you’ve felt this pain.
I’ve created a framework based on what I’ve learned from studying and interviewing great leaders. It has helped me retain and develop great talent on my teams and I’m now turning that into a platform to help you as well. You can sign up to learn more at GetLighthouse.com and learn about management and leadership on our blog at GetLighthouse.com/Blog.
Previously, I led Product at KISSmetrics as we built a customer-driven product using Lean principles and a passion for customer happiness. I also co-founded Greenhorn Connect, which is a hub for the startup community in Boston still going strong after I sold it to the Capital Network in 2014.
In the press:
I’ve been fortunate to have some really cool press coverage and interviews. You can see some here:
Jason Evanish shares his process for understanding customers
– ProductPeople.TV Interview (Part II) with Kyle Fox and Justin Jackson March 27, 2013
Jason Evanish moves to San Francisco
– ProductPeople.TV Interview (Part I) with Kyle Fox and Justin Jackson March 20, 2013
How to Interview Customers
– Mixergy Interview with Andrew Warner August 16, 2012
Catching up with Young Mass Innovators
– WGBH Boston’s Innovation Hub with Kara Miller March 25, 2012
Boston’s Young Entrepreneurs
– WGBH Boston’s Innovation Hub with Kara Miller December 3, 2011
For Facebook and Zuckerberg, location matters
– NPR Market Radio by Curt Nickisch November 7, 2011
Facebook Founder Gives a Shout-Out to Boston
– NPR on WBUR Boston by Curt Nickisch, November 1, 2011
A Need-to-Know Guy: How one young Bostonian became a networking king
– Fast Company Magazine by Curt Nickisch, November 2011 Issue
Unlimited Vacation, but can you take it?
– The Wall Street Journal by Sue Shellenbarger, July, 20, 2011
Person of Interest: Jason Evanish
– Boston Magazine by Curt Nickisch, July 2011 Issue