Thanks for checking out my blog. I hope my writing is helpful to you. I love feedback so please send me feedback or ideas any time.
I’m passionate about self improvement, leadership and building great products. I believe in making things better than I found them and work to break down what I learn to share with others like you. I enjoy a good discussion on innovation cycles and disruption..
Currently, I’m working on 2 projects:
- Get Lighthouse: An App to make you a Better Manager: In today’s labor market, you cannot afford to lose your best people, but bad managers are one of the biggest reasons people leave companies. I’ve learned a system from great managers that has helped me retain and develop great talent and I’m now turning that into a product to help you as well. You can learn more at GetLighthouse.com.
- A book on Building Customer Driven Products: There’s a lot of talk about the theory of Lean Startups, and very little discussion of the actual tactics and methods that will you help you and your company actually put customer driven ideals to practice. After 5 years of developing these skills on my own startups and working for others, I’m writing the book I wish someone had given me when I started. Sign up here to learn more about the book I’m writing.
Previously, I led Product at KISSmetrics as we built a customer-driven product using Lean principles and a passion for customer happiness. I also co-founded Greenhorn Connect, which is a hub for the startup community in Boston still going strong in Year 5. If you’re looking for product help to determine what to build and how to reach your users, let’s talk. I also speak on these product topics.
In the press:
I’ve been very fortunate to have some really cool press coverage. See some of it here:
Jason Evanish shares his process for understanding customers
– ProductPeople.TV Interview (Part II) with Kyle Fox and Justin Jackson March 27, 2013
Jason Evanish moves to San Francisco
– ProductPeople.TV Interview (Part I) with Kyle Fox and Justin Jackson March 20, 2013
How to Interview Customers
– Mixergy Interview with Andrew Warner August 16, 2012
Catching up with Young Mass Innovators
– WGBH Boston’s Innovation Hub with Kara Miller March 25, 2012
Boston’s Young Entrepreneurs
– WGBH Boston’s Innovation Hub with Kara Miller December 3, 2011
For Facebook and Zuckerberg, location matters
– NPR Market Radio by Curt Nickisch November 7, 2011
Facebook Founder Gives a Shout-Out to Boston
– NPR on WBUR Boston by Curt Nickisch, November 1, 2011
A Need-to-Know Guy: How one young Bostonian became a networking king
– Fast Company Magazine by Curt Nickisch, November 2011 Issue
Unlimited Vacation, but can you take it?
– The Wall Street Journal by Sue Shellenbarger, July, 20, 2011
Person of Interest: Jason Evanish
– Boston Magazine by Curt Nickisch, July 2011 Issue